GENERAL Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Privacy Notice Adopted 5 June 2018
Who We Are
The Fish Industry Training Association (Highlands & Islands) Limited (FITA) is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland number SC279830. Its registered address is 11 Burns Road Aberdeen AB15 4NT.
Our Data Promise
FITA is committed to protecting your privacy and data.
If we ask you either by telephone, in writing or by electronic means - using our website or Facebook - to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
What Information Do We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and date of birth
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, resident address or c/o address
- Training course history, attendance history, examination records, and personal identifying data such as National insurance numbers.
Please note: We do NOT hold any financial information such as account details, sort codes, account names, credit card details, debit card details or any other method of payment.
We process information relevant to the above which may include:
- personal details
- family details
- business activities of the person whose personal information we are processing
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- training details
- education and employment details
- goods and services
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide education and training to our customers and clients; to promote our services, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees.
What Do We Do With Your Information
We require this information by law to satisfy us or Governmental bodies or other Authorities that the certification held by individuals or companies on behalf of individuals is legitimate.
It also provides you with a better service, in that it assists us in being able to identify you properly should you require certification assistance or other record information, particularly for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can opt out of this facility if you wish when booking online or by email
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email for official maritime market research purposes. You can opt out of this if you wish by emailing email@example.com
- In cases where we need to contact you urgently, for example in the event of accident, course cancellation or urgent record clarification we may contact you by phone or email.
What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- The Seafish Industry Authority
- Central and local government
- Business associates and other professional advisers
- Educators and examining bodies
- Current, past or prospective employers
- Family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- Employment and recruitment agencies
- Suppliers and service providers;
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties.
How We Keep Your Data Safe
All sensitive information is held securely and restricted to those who need to use it
We keep records for a minimum of SEVEN years or longer if this is a legal requirement. After this time your data will be disposed of securely
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or take over the phone.
What Are Your Rights
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our contact list
Changes to this Policy
If you wish to raise concerns about the way in which we hold your data, please contact the Company Secretary who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with the response, or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).